Friday, July 11, 2008

July 4th, 2008

we had a great 4th of July weekend. Amy and Cody came up Thursday night and stayed through Sunday. We had not seen them in about 2 months so it was a long overdue trip! :)

Friday we went to Stone Mountain for the fireworks/laser show. It was a really good show, even though we were stuck in traffic forever getting into (and out of) the park. We didn't get home until after 2am...I can't even remember the last time we were out that late. I am definitely getting old!
I also really experienced how inconvenient hauling strollers and carseats and all that cr*p (oops, i mean, necessary stuff) can be when you are trying to navigate around a few thousand people with blankets all over the ground...Oh well, i guess that is what happens when you have a baby!

Laura loved the fireworks! I was afraid I was going to have 'that baby'...the one that cries and screams the entire show through...but she was fascinated by the fireworks and the laser show. It was great!

Saturday we hung around the house most of the day but we bowling that afternoon...I won, btw... :)

Hope you all had a great holiday weekend!






No comments: