Friday, July 18, 2008

4 month checkup

Laura had her 4 month check-up on Monday (she is actually closer to 4 1/2 months because our Dr appt scheduling is a little off)

Everything looked great...She weighed 13lbs, 7 oz (50% percentile) and was 26 inches long (96%) so she is just long and skinny!

She is doing everything right on schedule so far. She has really discovered rolling the last week or two and so she is always working on rolling from her back to her stomach and stomach to back. She has woken up on her stomach several mornings this week. She also loves reaching and playing with her toys. Her favorites are a little cow rattle and a green frog Eric brought back from Vegas a few weeks ago. She has discovered her feet and loves to try to pull her socks off.

She also drools like crazy! She can soak a bib in no time...I am guessing this is the early start of teething but the pedi said it would most likely be 6 months or so before we actually saw any teeth break through.

Our pediatrician recommends starting her on baby foods between 5-6 months so we will be starting that in the next few weeks. I plan on making a lot of her baby food at home for several reasons...Its tremendously cheaper (a few pennies per oz vs. 60-90 cents per ounce for the canned stuff) and I can control the quality of the foods and no extra preservatives or salt/sugar. A great site for recipes is wholesomebabyfood.com I already have acorn squash, zucchini, and peaches frozen as ready to use cubes. I have some green beans, peas, and sweet potatoes at home that I will work on pureeing and freezing this weekend. All you really need to get started are some ice cube trays, a blender or mixer, and freezer bags. I'm excited about making her foods. I've been a UGA 'Home Economist' for six years and so I get all into canning and food preservation...I am officially a nerd. :)

Brock and Riley gave us several baby items (and tons and tons and tons of clothes) for Laura and so this weekend I was in Eastman and I brought back a ladybug exersaucer. She loves it...and I do too! Its nice to have another place to put her while I get things done around the house...esp when I'm cooking dinner.


Laura and I went to Eastman last weekend to visit my family...we had a great trip. It was nice to see everybody...especially Chris and Jennifer! Its amazing how much she has grown since the last time we went to Eastman...here's two pics for comparison...the first one was taken April 20, 2008 (7 weeks old) and the second was taken this weekend (4 1/2 mos)



























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

she's so long!!!! Ian is only 29 1/2 inches at 12 1/2 months!!!