Friday, November 9, 2007

"Autumn, the year's last, loveliest smile."

There are many things I love about living here in the mountains...one of which is that I get to really experience all four seasons. Right now, we are in the middle of one of my favorite...Fall!

While it has been below freezing most mornings this week and returns to near freezing shortly after sunset...in the afternoons it has been gorgeous weather. The leaves have been a few weeks late in changing so right now everything is at its peak fall beauty. Today during lunch I drove a few miles out on Hwy 129 north of Clarkesville to enjoy the scenery. Here are a couple of pics from my drive/walk by the Soque River.

"How beautifully the leaves grow old. How full of light and color their last days."
-- Author:John Burroughs






No comments: