Friday, November 9, 2007

Apples and Pumpkins

Here's a recap on some of our other fall traditions we've started...

Last year Eric and I took Sarabeth and Jamie Gant, two of my favorite kids in the world (and our flowergirls at the wedding) out to Burts Pumpkin Farm for a hayride and to pick some pumpkins...We had such a good time last year...and enjoyed cooking all sorts of pumpkin treats for weeks afterwards, we decided to go back this year (but without the girls). Afterwards we also drove up to Ellijay hoping to get some 'pick your own' apples but the 'pick your own' season was apparently pretty short this year because of the late freeze last spring...but we were able to pick up a couple of bags of apples. Eric can cook some awesome apple pies...and I love to eat them (I mean, I am eating for two now, right...? just kidding)

We also picked up a pumpkin to bring back to carve...believe it or not, before this year, I had never carved a pumpkin in my life...! This year, I did chicken out and go with one of the simplest patterns in the book...but I think he turned out pretty cute..Next year, I think I'll be more daring with my carving creation...

No comments: