Thursday, March 12, 2009

Laura's First Birthday

Okay, so when Eric starts asking why the birthday pictures aren't up yet...I know I have fallen behind! Laura turned one on Feb 28th. We had a birthday celebration at home with both sets of families visiting. I think the party turned out fairly well...Laura started teething again the night before, so she was in a little bit of a down mood for part of the day. Not really grumpy, just tired. She was also drooling like a mad woman...I can't keep up with how many bibs she went through in one weekend! She is working on 4-6 teeth up top (can't really get a good look up there!) She slept through lunch (we grilled hamburgers and hotdogs) but was awake and happy to eat her cake! She really didn't eat much of the cake, but she was definitely fond of the icing! :)

Oh...edited to add...Eric made and decorated the cake completely by himself...I think he did a great job for his first cake decorating attempt!

I don't have time to write a lot, but did want to get her pictures posted..!



I also added a video of Laura 'walking'. This is still about as far as she goes...maybe 4-5 steps at a time. She gets so excited about the idea of it though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was quite a fire on Eric's cake! Didn't know "30" candles would flame up like that! :) Love y'all and miss you bunches.